Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Should "I'm not abstinent, I don't have STDs, and never made a baby" be a facebook group?

An article in a college paper recently asked why people who are not abstinent are apparently afraid to show it. Then they went on and on about how people should spend more time shopping for and using condoms, but the original headline question wasn't lost on us... If there are groups promoting abstinence publicly, should there not also be groups promoting the opposite? Freedom of speech, right?

Should "I'm not abstinent, I don't have STDs, and never made a baby" be a facebook group?
I think that would make a great group, lol. If you are abstinent, good for you. But what about the people who choose to be sexually active, but are intelligent enough to be educated on STDs and know about birth control options? It seems most people fall into the abstinent category or the disease infested crackhead baby mama with too many kids they can't take care of category...With so many options out there, I wish there would be a sudden trend in real sex education. Excuse me while I crawl of my soapbox and go back to making my "I %26lt;3 my Birth Control Pill" tee shirt :P


No comments:

Post a Comment