Thursday, August 19, 2010

Can someone explain this insanity to me please? I was supposed to meet an old friend from college ..?

We havent seen or heard from each other in about 15 years. We found each other on Facebook.





SHE SUGGESTED we meet up, so I suggested we meet at a cafe in a department store - because i have a 2 year old and 4 month old, and department stores have good facilites for feeding/changing babies.





I volunteered my mobile number in case anything went wrong, she DIDNT offer hers in return, i had to ask for it. The number she gave had one digit too many.





ANyway, on the day i was running late (i had my 2 babies with me). I couldnt call her because she gave me a duff number. In any case it turned out there were about 3 cafes in this dept store, so we neither of us knew which cafe the other was in.





In short we missed each other. WHen i get home she has sent me a message saying she waited 1hr for me, then went home.





Now, how could this situation have been avoided??





(PS i know what I would have done if i had been her, but just wonder why she didnt do it?

Can someone explain this insanity to me please? I was supposed to meet an old friend from college ..?
Sounds as though you're pretty annoyed at her as you feel it's her fault as she gave you the duff number, but at the same time maybe this was a mistake that she didn't realise had happened. However, when she was waiting for you it may have been a good idea for her to call you before leaving the cafe so that she could tell you where she was and check you and your kids were ok if anything! This would have meant you could explain the duff number to her as your reason for not being able to ring-I'm sure she just didn't realise she'd made a mistake.





In future it may be a better idea to exchange texts/calls between mobiles before arranging to meet anyone else you haven't seen in a while so that you can talk in real-time and be sure you have the right contact details and location before heading out.





I'm not sure why this lady didn't just ring you while she was waiting for you as it would have saved lot of trouble, but from my own experiences some people try to make things awkward for themselves just so they can moan about it later! If you don't think she wants to meet up again then just leave it-you've managed for 15 years without her after all.
Reply:maaybe she didnt want to see you in the end. if i was her and i was genuinely looking forward to meeting up then i would have rang you. maybe you should invite her round to your house, for a tea there. its a more relaxed inviroment and the kids wont be as much trouble at home. they will be able to entertain themselves. maybe you dont want to invie her home but i didnt get a very posotive impression from the way she gave you a dodgy number and didnt seem bothered about you not showing up. wether yu arrange another meet is up to you but at least get a number that works!! then ring her before you meet her, like an hour before your supposed to :)





good luck with her





xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment