Sunday, August 22, 2010

How can I erase this girl from my head without eliminating all forms of contact and reminders of her?

Long stroy short: It was a girl I liked in high school, I told her over Facebook freshman year of college out of lonliness. Then, I got depression and thought of suicide, and for some horrible reason I told her. She was extremely nice to me and helped me get through it. The combination of my liking her and waht she did for me has kept her in my head for the past 2 years. She shows no interest in hanging out. We NEVER hang out. We don't know each other at all. It's like a very immature crush that won't get out of my head. She, being the sane one, shows little interest in changing that status of "acquaintance". Not even up to "friend". Yet, she is nice every time she sees me in passing or responds to a message I send her online.


I can't just get rid of her phone number, Facebook, etc. I can't scrap any friend like that. But, 2 years of haunting my brain, thus ruining any happy moment I have prior to the resurfacing of her in my head, is way too long. Somebody help me move on.

How can I erase this girl from my head without eliminating all forms of contact and reminders of her?
I know what your going through I had the same problem, but mine is more detailed. There was this guy that I work with who asked for my phone number and we would talk on the phone and see each other at work all the time and would flirt constantly and I kind of fell for him too fast. The only problem was he wouldn't ever take me on a date and when he would say he was gonna take me on one it would fall through and he would have an excuse, or more likely a lie, of why we didn't go out. After a few times of this happening I lost trust in him and he changed and wasn't as drawn to me as before and I would feel he was ignoring me. I would tell him how I felt and how I was crazy about him but it wouldn't help he still wouldn't try to make a relationship with me. I noticed I was addicted to him and thought about him constantly even though he brought much stress to me and wasn't a gentleman. I finally just took his number off my phone so I wouldn't text him and even put my phone in another room so I wouldn't text him, it was that bad. The first few days were hard like going cold turkey off a drug but after a few days I was able to not talk to him and get on with my day and life. I didn't let him take over me. Now he has gotten back together with his ex girlfriend and we have been able to just be friends even though I still care for him and he has been my first heartbreak. I don't know if this has helped but if you have any question about your situation I would be glad to answer them.


No comments:

Post a Comment