Thursday, August 19, 2010

I was supposed to meet an old friend from college ..?

We havent seen or heard from each other in about 15 years. We found each other on Facebook.





SHE SUGGESTED we meet up, so I suggested we meet at a cafe in a department store - because i have a 2 year old and 4 month old, and department stores have good facilites for feeding/changing babies.





I volunteered my mobile number in case anything went wrong, she DIDNT offer hers in return, i had to ask for it. The number she gave had one digit too many.





ANyway, on the day i was running late (i had my 2 babies with me). I couldnt call her because she gave me a duff number. In any case it turned out there were about 3 cafes in this dept store, so we neither of us knew which cafe the other was in.





In short we missed each other. WHen i get home she has sent me a message saying she waited 1hr for me, then went home.





Now, how could this situation have been avoided??





(PS i know what I would have done if i had been her, but just wonder why she didnt do it.)

I was supposed to meet an old friend from college ..?
Basically she should have called you. She had your number.





If she didn't want to meet you, I'd have thought she would never has asked. But she was behaving oddly.





Have you told her that she gave you the wrong number, so you couldn't get in touch with her?





If you do want to meet again, make sure you tell her to call you if there's a problem. But to be honest, there's a reason you lost touch. Sometimes it's best to leave it that way. She sounds like she has no brain!





xx Emmie


No comments:

Post a Comment